Chilkoot Gold Mine
|Daily||noon – 10 p.m.||Gold-panning requires separate ride coupons and is an additional fee.|
The Chilkoot Goldmine is bringing back its daily children’s gold panning competition! Kids under the age of 14 can enter free and compete for special prizes.
Registration will be open daily until the contest starts at 4:30 p.m. Spots are limited so please come down early to secure your place.
Check out the rules and regulations here:
- Registration is free and open to all adults in attendance at K-Days over 14 years of age.
- The competition will be held July 19 – 28 during K-Days at 7 p.m. under the covered shelter known as JT’s Mine Claim.
- Registration will be capped at 10 participants. Others can still sign up in case registered participants do not turn up.
- Competitions will use the standard Klondike pan and five #12 mesh gold flakes and a standard goldmine dirt.
- Competitors will have five minutes to finish their pan.
- Panning will start on the countdown of “3,2,1 …Go!”
- Contestants may trap the flakes with their free hand to enable the washing away of the gravel, however the flakes must not be removed from the pan.
- Pans will be judged based on the number of flakes, fastest time and cleanest pan.
- Prizes will be awarded for the top participant.
- Participants may sign up and compete more than once but are only allowed to win once per year.
A&B Rail Services Klondike Express
|Daily||noon – 10 p.m.|
Canada’s past would not have been possible without the mighty locomotives that connected the land from the Atlantic to the Pacific. The A&B Rail Services Klondike Express is a chance to relive the railroad experience on a smaller scale and a perfect way to tour the sights of Klondike Park in old-fashioned style.