Chilkoot Gold Mine
|Daily||noon – 11 p.m.||Gold-panning requires separate ride coupons and is an additional fee.|
The Chilkoot Goldmine is bringing back its daily children’s gold panning competition! Kids under the age of 14 can enter free and compete for special prizes. Registration will be open daily until the contest starts at 4:30 p.m. Spots are limited so please come down early to secure your place.
Check out our rules and regulations:
- Registration is free and open to all children in attendance at K-Days under 14 years of age.
- The competition will be held July 22 – 28 during K-Days at 4:30 p.m. on the north side of the Goldmine Assay Office.
- Registration will be capped at 10 participants. Others can still sign up in case registered participants do not turn up.
- Competitions will use the small gold pans, #12 mesh gold flakes and a large scoop of standard goldmine dirt.
- Competitors will have five minutes to finish their pan. More time will be allotted at the Head Timer’s discretion.
- Panning will start on the countdown of “3,2,1 …Go!”
- Contestants may trap the flakes with their free hand to enable the washing away of the gravel, however the flakes must not be removed from the pan.
- Mini-Minors—those under five years old—can have a professional or an adult assist.
- Pans will be judged based on the number of flakes, time and cleanest pan.
- Prizes will be awarded for the top three participants.
|Daily||noon – 10 p.m.|
Canada’s past would not have been possible without the mighty locomotives that connected the land from the Atlantic to the Pacific. The Klondike Express is a chance to relive the railroad experience on a smaller scale and a perfect way to tour the sights of Klondike Park in old-fashioned style.